Christina A. Barber is a fourth-generation Alaskan. She holds an MFA from the New York Academy of Art and a BFA from the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in Amsterdam. In addition to her studies in Amsterdam and New York, Christina undertook studies at the Studio Art Centers International (SACI) in Florence, Italy. She has exhibited nationally and internationally, including at the De Badcuyp Gallery in Holland, SACI Gallery in Italy, the New York Academy of Art in New York City and the International Gallery of Contemporary Art in Alaska. Christina’s artwork is part of private and public collections, including the Alaska State Contemporary Art Bank.
- Institute for Doctoral Studies in the Visual Arts (2013 – 2018), PhD candidate in Art Theory & Philosophy
- New York Academy of Art (2011), Masters of Fine Arts, New York, NY
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie (2005), Bachelors of Fine Arts, Amsterdam, NL
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie (2002), Student Exchange, Amsterdam, NL
- Studio Arts Centers International (2001), Student Exchange, Florence, IT